Fixed phrasing

main
CPunch 8 months ago
parent f4cfca9462
commit adf7b1db8b
  1. 4
      content/pages/site-rewrite/index.md

@ -11,7 +11,7 @@ I recently rewrote my Hugo site. I'd be lying if I said this was a spur-of-the-m
{{< img pull.png "900x q100 jpg" "It's nice to see a PR from you, but your website in its current state does not qualify for the webring. There are no projects documented on-site(besides the site-builder itself), also using such a standard Hugo template goes against the hand-crafted requirement of the webring. Sorry, feel free to open another one when the site is further down the line" >}}
This didn't come as a surprise, in fact after I had submitted my PR I was reviewing other closed PRs and saw that my site somewhat fit-in with the rejected sites. While I had made several modifications to the theme it was still fairly generic and 'template-y.' The theme in question was this [lovely theme by adityatelange](https://github.com/adityatelange/hugo-PaperMod). There was nothing inherently wrong with the theme, but it didn't quite fit my needs any more.
This didn't come as a surprise, in fact after I had submitted my PR I had doubts. While I had made several modifications to the theme it was still fairly generic and 'template-y.' The theme in question was this [lovely theme by adityatelange](https://github.com/adityatelange/hugo-PaperMod). There was nothing inherently wrong with the theme, but it didn't quite fit my needs any more.
## The woes of using a theme
@ -35,4 +35,4 @@ Another main point was the lack of JavaScript. Not to say JS is inherently bad,
## Addressing the PR
My immediate decision was made to rewrite my site from scratch, ditching the Hugo theme. I had debated writing my own static site generator but I did this a couple weeks before finals so I scrapped that almost immediately since I wanted to get this done rather quickly. Another note of importance was the lack of on-site project documentation. So, I've created a new section called ['Software'](/software). This section is pretty lackluster right now, however eventually I plan to document *most* of my projects here. This also might force me to finish some projects so that they're in a nice presentable state.
My immediate decision was made to rewrite my site from scratch, ditching the Hugo theme. I had debated writing my own static site generator but I did this a couple weeks before finals so I scrapped that almost immediately since I wanted to get this done rather quickly. Another note of importance was the lack of on-site project documentation. So, I've created a new section called ['Software'](/software). This section is pretty lackluster right now, however eventually I plan to document *most* of my projects here. This also might force me to finish some projects so that they're in a nice presentable state.

Loading…
Cancel
Save